Need help with diving board mounting

Feb 26, 2015
Austin
Anyone here understand the formula for how much the diving board needs to hang out over the edge? I read the instructions and I'm still confused, probably because I'm worn out from getting my back yard ready for the CoA inspection.

They pour the deck concrete tomorrow, so they need to know where to put it ASAP, but since I'm providing the board/mount, they aren't inclined to help much.

Here's the manual and my pool slope. The board needs to hang out somewhere between 18" and 56", I'm just not sure. My gut tells me to hang it out as far as possible, since the 8' 6" part of the deep end is 10' out.

I have a 6' SR Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand.

http://www.srsmith.com/media/47127/06-307.pdf

Mine is a much older board (mid 90s) but it's a 6 foot board with similar spring configuration. The board hangs beyond the pool edge by 21" with the front mounting bolt at 28" from the pool edge, the back at 40". My vinyl coping channel is only 1/2" thick so doesn't over hang beyond wall much.

EDIT: My 8' 6" depth is only about 3' out from the pool edge.

I'm wondering how many feet the average person jumps forward when they're diving/flipping/launching off the board? 3? 5? 7? That would tell me where the board needs to go. You'd think someone had done a study on it.

I have an 8' cantilever sr smith board that overhangs 20-24" into the pool. My deep end is 8.5'. The deepest part is probably 2' out from the board and goes maybe 6' before it starts sloping up to the shallow end. I dove in pretty steep once last year and almost hit where it starts the upward slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.