Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help with diving board mounting

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help with diving board mounting

Anyone here understand the formula for how much the diving board needs to hang out over the edge? I read the instructions and I'm still confused, probably because I'm worn out from getting my back yard ready for the CoA inspection.

They pour the deck concrete tomorrow, so they need to know where to put it ASAP, but since I'm providing the board/mount, they aren't inclined to help much.

Here's the manual and my pool slope. The board needs to hang out somewhere between 18" and 56", I'm just not sure. My gut tells me to hang it out as far as possible, since the 8' 6" part of the deep end is 10' out.

I have a 6' SR Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand.

http://www.srsmith.com/media/47127/06-307.pdf

36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need help with diving board mounting

Mine is a much older board (mid 90s) but it's a 6 foot board with similar spring configuration. The board hangs beyond the pool edge by 21" with the front mounting bolt at 28" from the pool edge, the back at 40". My vinyl coping channel is only 1/2" thick so doesn't over hang beyond wall much.

EDIT: My 8' 6" depth is only about 3' out from the pool edge.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

I'm wondering how many feet the average person jumps forward when they're diving/flipping/launching off the board? 3? 5? 7? That would tell me where the board needs to go. You'd think someone had done a study on it.
    36 x 16 IG, SWG, FAFCO Solar Heating System, WetEdge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure, 8.5' - 3.5' depth, 6' S.R. Smith Flyte-Deck II Dive Stand, Interfab X-Stream slide, 27k gallons, doggy tanning ledge w/ 2 bubblers, 2.75 Hayward Tristar pump, Hayward 425 cart filter, Hayward T-15 Salt Cell, Hayward ColorLogic 4.0 light, Dolphin Z5

4. Back To Top    #4

... that and the angle of entry. You enter the water at one spot but continue forward some distance before reaching bottom.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

5. Back To Top    #5

I have an 8' cantilever sr smith board that overhangs 20-24" into the pool. My deep end is 8.5'. The deepest part is probably 2' out from the board and goes maybe 6' before it starts sloping up to the shallow end. I dove in pretty steep once last year and almost hit where it starts the upward slope.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100