Amps on a replacement motor

May 30, 2009
Columbia, TN
Hello! I need some advice on a replacement motor for my Hayward super pump. A pool store has a pump motor that matches all the specs exactly except for 2 areas
The old motor amps were 15/7.5 and the SF is 1.1. The new motor I found has amps of 6.0/12 and a service factor of 1.0.
They told me it was a replacement for the Hayward super pump. Will this motor work? HP, volts, rpm, frame, and hz all match. Any input is greatly appreciated!

That motor is the large diameter version and would require modification to the motor support. This is the motor you want:

Century A.O. Smith UST1102 56J C-Face 1 HP Single Speed Up Rated Pool Filter Motor, 15.0/7.5A 115/230V

But I would seriously consider a two speed:

Century A.O. Smith STS1072RV1 56J C-Flange 3/4 or 1/10 HP Dual Speed Full Rated Pool Filter Motor, 5.4/2.2A 230V

There is a pretty big price difference but you should easily get that back with the energy savings.

Don't forget a new seal.

Just to add to clear confusion on the first post: amps are listed for vokts, so 15/7.5 is listed for 110/230V, but the 6/12 is likely listed in the opposite order, 230/110V, which is OK. You should really look at your HP rating rather than amps, at HP being equal then the lower the amps the better.

Otherwise you have some good advice here, heed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.