How to replace pilot generator on Laars Lite 2 LG125 heater?

Jul 6, 2015
IL
I have an older Laars Lite 2 pool heater, and I need to replace the pilot generator - I only get about 120 millivolts output. Looking at the heater I can not see a how to remove and replace the generator without sliding out the whole burner assembly. Problem is my gas line does not have a coupling in the heater. So, I would need to remove the pipe at the value body. I'm hoping I'm missing something and there is an easier way to replace the generator. Any advice or direction would be greatly appreciated?

I've been able to slide the burner with the pilot on it out from the unit. I used to take the entire tray out but with some care you can push the burner towards the back of the unit to get it off the orifice and then pull it out of the slot in the back. Take your time and you can do it. Getting it back in can be a bit tricky but with patience you can do it.

In the past in your situation, I would just cut the gas pipe inside the unit, with the gas off, and then replace it with two pieces and a union.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.