Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: plaster verses pebble sheen

1. Back To Top    #1

plaster verses pebble sheen

So my husband and I are getting ready to redo our in-ground pool. The plaster is peeling and the equipment needs to be replaced, we live in Tucson Arizona
    My first big question is should we just re-plaster the pool or change to pebble sheen? we have not received bids yet but I am assuming the pebble sheen will be more expensive.
    Is it worth the extra expense for pebble sheen or just spend the money on good pool equipment?
    Desert Rat

2. Back To Top    #2
    Spring, TX

Re: plaster verses pebble sheen

Plain white plaster, for a Tucson pool, will reflect the most heat.
    Even the lightest pebblesheen will be less reflective.

Any pebblesheen surface is going to be more durable than plaster alone.
    It will also make the pool more contemporary. The coping and waterline tile are the next most visible features that lend to the value of the pool when thinking of property resale.
    Think of it like the new cabinets and countertops in your kitchen.

Better equipment can lower running expenses (2sp or VS pumps)
    Think of it as replacing the HVAC, not visible but beneficial long term running of the pool.
    40k gal freeform, IG pebblesheen, 9'x'6' raised spa, 2-1/2 hp Whisperflo, 520 sq/ft cartridge, Legend w/ booster, Intellibrite 5g in pool @ spa, Rainbow 320 Chlorinator(retired),
    Mastertemp 400k BTU, 3x3 hp Whisperflo Swimjets, 2x2 hp Whisperflow for 15ton moss rock waterfall, Intelitouch Controller, 850 sq/ft Travertine deck, Gas/Wood firepit,
    Autofill, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: plaster verses pebble sheen

I say call Pool Builders and get quotes for your area. Make sure to get at least 3 but try for 5 quotes and let them know you are getting other quotes.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!