New Pool Owner: Questions about Chlorine Usage

So based on my CYA level that would require getting the FC up to 24? So add roughly 6 gallons of liquid bleach?

Once I SLAM it again it should retain the chlorine levels more effectively? Is it worth draining a few inches and adding fresh water to get my CYA level down lower?

That was my concern. I SLAM'd when I opened the pool because it was a green swamp, but it seems like a lot of bleach for a pool that is almost completely clear.

I have referenced both of those links, that's where I came up with the bleach amount using the CYA table. If I need to get my FC to 22 PPM to reach shock level, that would be a good amount of bleach. I'm just wondering if that is correct.

In order to reach SLAM FC levels you will need to add a little more than 670 oz of 8.5% bleach. Once you reach a FC level of 24, please maintain that level by frequent testing of FC until you have met the following conditions:

1. Your CC IS 0.5 or less
2. You pass the OCLT.
3. Your pool is crystal clear.

The more you test your FC and adjust back to 24 the faster this will go...seeing that your CYA is 55, I would round up the result to 60 and use a shock level of 24.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.