Dirt keeps returning

Jun 13, 2012
I live beside a cotton field. Every time the farmer plows, my pool become the magnet for dirt. The next day, I can see the filth that is in the bottom. I go through the routine of vacuuming ( through the filter) and the next day the dirt seems to return, settling mainly in the seams. I've thought about vacuuming to waste and will to resolve the acute problem, but shouldn't my filter catch the dirt? Also, I only run the pool 12 hours a day, I thought maybe that's the issue, just not allowing it to clean. It's never been a problem in the past. I replaced my pressure gauge this year and it ran within spec for several weeks, now it reads about 2 psig vice 10 psig normal. Unfortunately, I can't remember if the gauge started reading low at the same time the dirt kept returning. Could filter channeling be the issue? Here are the specs on my pool
25000 18x36 diving pool vinyl liner with bottom drains and 2 skimmers
Hayward sand filter
Hayward aqua rite SWG
FC 3.0
TA 120
CYA 80
pH 7.6

Odds are nothing is wrong. When you vacuum, you can't help but stir up some dust, no matter how slowly you push. And the return also keeps things stirred up. And it settles out the next day.

You can confirm the filter is catching stuff by attaching a sock over the returns. Remove it and turn it inside out after vacuuming. If it's full of dirt, something's wrong with the filter. If it's clean, its just normal dust.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.