Bad storm 2 weeks ago, made me take chlorinator off and now???

Bowlin

May 4, 2007
Kannapolis, NC
Here in Kannapolis NC a couple weeks ago we had a bad wind shear come thru, and after said shear I look outside and there is water shooting up from pool equipment. Dont know how but the plug in the chlorinator got pulled out or pressured out. After this I went out and cut it loose and went to Lowes and got a pc of PVC pipe and now my Pump will not stay primed. It will do fine for a couple hours but always gets real loud and I need to cut off. I took the pump loose and nothing in propeller or whatever its called. I am lost can someone offer some advice.

Did you cut the ends of your pipes square, chamfer the ends, clean, ensure you fit up is good, then prime all pipe ends and inside of fittings?

Probably most importantly, did you apply cement to both the pipe and inside the fittings (both sides have to have cement) then wait 30 minutes for it to cure more like an hour before you turned the system back on?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.