Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completed Build in Magnolia, TX

1. Back To Top    #1

Completed Build in Magnolia, TX

Joined TFP in November as we were preparing to build our first pool! The big dig started on December 9th 2014 and 8.5 weeks later I started filling the pool on February 6th 2015. My PB was/is outstanding! The only issue we had during the entire process was when the deck crew choose to bury the chicken bones from their lunch in the yard instead of throwing them away. My dogs found the bones in 10 seconds and my wife found them eating the bones. We were very angry at the time. Thankfully, the dogs were ok.

The details of the pool are in my signature. I have spent hours on the forum reading and have learned so much. Thank you all for your contributions, this place is incredible. It is time for me to give a little.

Our build started around March of 2014 when the Admiral (AKA the Wife) said "I want a pool"! After some discussion, we agreed that we would build the pool but only after we sold our beloved boat. It was not being used enough. My wife loved the boat more than I did and would often take it out by herself when I was working. Ultimately, it was her decision. For the record, it’s true what they say about boat ownership.

Once we sold this

We picked this design

25K IG gunite pool / PebbleTec plaster / 2HP Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 525 SQ/FT SwimClear Cartridge filter / Tiger Shark QC robot / TF-100 test kit / Stenner pump X 2 - Chlorine and Acid

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Completed Build in Magnolia, TX

I will post several pictures each night for the next week or so. December 9th, 2014

25K IG gunite pool / PebbleTec plaster / 2HP Hayward 2 speed pump / Hayward 525 SQ/FT SwimClear Cartridge filter / Tiger Shark QC robot / TF-100 test kit / Stenner pump X 2 - Chlorine and Acid

3. Back To Top    #3

I like it so far....
    You have a great yard for a pool! Nice and flat, large enough for pool and play.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

The end of day 1

Day 2

Day 3 was pretty impressive, rebar and gunite in 1 day

The end of day 3

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

I love your design for your pool! And I'm envious of all the space you have! It seems to go on and on and on.... The gunite work looks fabulous - very neat edges, etc.
    Take care! Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    I love your design for your pool! And I'm envious of all the space you have! It seems to go on and on and on.... The gunite work looks fabulous - very neat edges, etc.
    Take care! Suz.
    Thanks Suz. We moved from Cypress 2 years ago because I was tired of sharing everything with the neighbors. I have been enjoying your build and am looking forward to seeing the finished product! I will bet that it will exceed your expectations once it is finished.

7. Back To Top    #7

Your yard is amazing! The pool is a great shape!!
    Free form pool 90'3" prim, 14180 gallons. TF100 Kit In pool table with travertine top, 3sheer descents, Depth 3.5-5-4, Jandy 2HP pump, Inline Chlorinator, Wetedge Satin Matrix Antigua.

8. Back To Top    #8

Looks AWESOME so far!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

9. Back To Top    #9

What color of PebbleTec are you going with? If you are undecided maybe Suz can help!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by pcool69 View Post
    Joined TFP in November as we were preparing to build our first pool! The big dig started on December 9th 2014 and 8.5 weeks later I started filling the pool on February 6th 2015. My PB was/is outstanding! The only issue we had during the entire process was when the deck crew choose to bury the chicken bones from their lunch in the yard instead of throwing them away. My dogs found the bones in 10 seconds and my wife found them eating the bones. We were very angry at the time. Thankfully, the dogs were ok.

The details of the pool are in my signature. I have spent hours on the forum reading and have learned so much. Thank you all for your contributions, this place is incredible. It is time for me to give a little.

Our build started around March of 2014 when the Admiral (AKA the Wife) said "I want a pool"! After some discussion, we agreed that we would build the pool but only after we sold our beloved boat. It was not being used enough. My wife loved the boat more than I did and would often take it out by herself when I was working. Ultimately, it was her decision. For the record, it’s true what they say about boat ownership.

Once we sold this

We picked this design
    Best decision I ever made was selling my boats and getting completely out of the Marine Industry.

I'm sure your loving your pool far more than you loved your Boat!

John
    AquaMaster Deluxe 8000 AGP, 5500 gallons, 12x18. Liquidator and Pool Rover JR.
    1st Pool so go easy on me I'm using a TF 100.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    What color of PebbleTec are you going with? If you are undecided maybe Suz can help!
    We went with Tahoe Blue.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by pcool69 View Post
    We went with Tahoe Blue.
    Whew!!! I was worried I might have to step up, but then I remembered ya'll are finished with your pool!!! I can't wait to see the Tahoe Blue. Maybe I will get even more confused!!!

Suz.
    Suz~Cypress area~ 2015 pool build. 23K gallons. IG swcg system. 35'x18'; 573sf; 104' perim; depth 4'-7'. Bubblers, sheer descents, 7' spa. Jandy: color LEDs; 2HP 2sp pump; 1HP 2sp pump; spa pump; 580 cartridge; 400K BTU; Dolphin M500; PS8; Inline chlorinator not used; Aqua Pure 1400. Blue Granite Sheen. Travertine deck. Lightstreams Peacock Blue TF-100, K-1766, SpeedStir

13. Back To Top    #13

Coping, tile and waterfall

14. Back To Top    #14

TFP Guide

Gorgeous rock waterfall! That's impressive. I love the tile. I believe it was one of our first contenders. My favorite feature? The flagstone sun shelf! That's the greatest and will be fabulous under water. You sure are making us wait for the finale!!! Sighhhhhhh.....
    Suz.

15. Back To Top    #15

I agree on the tile and the flagstone! Out of curiosity, what tile is that? I love the color blue, but it also has the browns that blend in well with the stone.
    28,000 gallon freeform, Stonescapes Tropics Blue Minipebble with abalone, 3.5' to 8.5' depth. 2 skimmers, 5 returns, dedicated vacuum port, Dolphin Z5 robot. All Pentair equip: EasyTouch 8, IC60 SWG, VS pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, 3 Intellibrites, 2 Color Cascade Bubblers. TurboTwister Slide and 8' Salt System Jump Board. TF-100. My Jan-Mar 2016 build:
    Waxahachie, TX Owner Build - A race to beat the baby!!

16. Back To Top    #16

Well I changed permissions in my Flickr account and screwed up my pictures. Editing now.

Fixed.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by SuzfromTexas View Post
    Whew!!! I was worried I might have to step up, but then I remembered ya'll are finished with your pool!!! I can't wait to see the Tahoe Blue. Maybe I will get even more confused!!!

Suz.
    Does not matter Suz as I still have the KEY! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

This is one NICE pool! I love everything about it! I can't wait to see the end results!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by JamieP View Post
    I agree on the tile and the flagstone! Out of curiosity, what tile is that? I love the color blue, but it also has the browns that blend in well with the stone.
    I'm not sure, when I get home I will check the name on the tile.

19. Back To Top    #19

Deck

20. Back To Top    #20

Very nice pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast