vinyl liner feels rough in shallow end walls??

Jun 27, 2013
mostly in the shallow end. the vinyl liner feels rough from about half way from the top of the pool and to about half way to the bottum of the pool wall. ie the mid section of the pool wall. any ideas why this is??

^i was trying to piece together your history to give a coherent tip about your liner wrinkles.

I've seen a few brief posts without test results. From what I can gather, you mentioned aging added too much chlorine at some recent point after 3 slams, and posted a question about pucks.

First off, unifying your questions in a single thread might help us help you better. Perhaps a mod could merge them.

Secondly, for ANY of your liner questions, we need to know the "event history" that led up to the wrinkles/roughness, etc.

Thirdly, you mentioned buying and using pucks somewhere in there...pucks, high cya and low ph can when combined cause a liner to waterlog/absorb water and cause wrinkles. But so too can using too much chlorine, which is why we have specific parameters that rely on precise testing.

So I guess my question is, do you have a test kit, and do you plan to follow TFP methods? If you do, please post up your test results so we can help you at least identify the possible cause of your liner issue and give suggestions to avoid exacerbating the liners condition moving forward.

I don't have a test kit yet. We had a heavy rain fall. The day after that's when I saw the wrinkles in the shallow in and one buy the shallow end jet. Since then the wrinkle has moved to the middle of the deep end and use a shape of a bubble in the deep end. The bubble has occurred exactly in the deep end where there is an even spot in the pool. When I first got the pool it was a 6-8" uneven spot in the deep end I'm assuming there must off been a drain there before

The only reason why I noticed the rough walls at some spots is cause I swam in it for the first time 2 weeks ago. So I am unsure if the roughness was there before hand or when it occurred. The pool has been open since late June approx.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.