Pentair IC60 swg sensor issues?

I have a 4th season IC60 that worked fine last year. This year at start up it read low salt (2900ppm) added salt nothing changed but all other readings were fine. Recently the cell now has solid red light for flow and cell and salt level lights flash back and forth. I removed the cell to inspect and noticed a lot of spring debri on the cells ect. Removed and also preformed an acid wash. Now the cell reads zero salt and all lights are the same.

Just to add it seems as though my filter has some holes in it so some debri was going through the cell. I've found the holes in the filter and fixed (sort of). Did a full clean of both filter and swg again started up and same light show again. Checked cell again and it's clear. Also have the pump running on 3300rpm so there is plenty of flow through the cell.

Pool company suggest getting a new flow switch.

Of course I have a big pool party here in 5 days and a cloudy pool.

Anyone have any recommendations? Is it a bad cell or just the flow switch? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance you guys are great.

#1 thing to do is to chlorinate with bleach asap to avoid the swamp. Cloudy is the first step of an algae bloom. I would raise chlorine up to shock level for your CYA and hold it there for a few days, Chlorine CYA Chart.

Sorry, no help on fixing the IC60.

So I called Pentair, and the tech basically said to manually trigger the flow switch or to cut the wire and manually connect the black and red wire. I ended up clipping the wire and manually trigger the flow switch and it worked. So i've ordered a new flow switch and problem hopefully solved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.