Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair IC60 swg sensor issues?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair IC60 swg sensor issues?

I have a 4th season IC60 that worked fine last year. This year at start up it read low salt (2900ppm) added salt nothing changed but all other readings were fine. Recently the cell now has solid red light for flow and cell and salt level lights flash back and forth. I removed the cell to inspect and noticed a lot of spring debri on the cells ect. Removed and also preformed an acid wash. Now the cell reads zero salt and all lights are the same.

Just to add it seems as though my filter has some holes in it so some debri was going through the cell. I've found the holes in the filter and fixed (sort of). Did a full clean of both filter and swg again started up and same light show again. Checked cell again and it's clear. Also have the pump running on 3300rpm so there is plenty of flow through the cell.

Pool company suggest getting a new flow switch.

Of course I have a big pool party here in 5 days and a cloudy pool.

Anyone have any recommendations? Is it a bad cell or just the flow switch? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance you guys are great.
    50,000g IG Vinyl about 1000 sq/ft of surface area, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair IntelliPro VS SVRD pump, Pentair PNS Plus 60 Filter, Aqua Pump heater, Pentair Easy Touch Control System, Dolphin Robot

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair IC60 swg sensor issues?

#1 thing to do is to chlorinate with bleach asap to avoid the swamp. Cloudy is the first step of an algae bloom. I would raise chlorine up to shock level for your CYA and hold it there for a few days, Chlorine CYA Chart.

Sorry, no help on fixing the IC60.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

So I called Pentair, and the tech basically said to manually trigger the flow switch or to cut the wire and manually connect the black and red wire. I ended up clipping the wire and manually trigger the flow switch and it worked. So i've ordered a new flow switch and problem hopefully solved.
    50,000g IG Vinyl about 1000 sq/ft of surface area, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair IntelliPro VS SVRD pump, Pentair PNS Plus 60 Filter, Aqua Pump heater, Pentair Easy Touch Control System, Dolphin Robot

4. Back To Top    #4

Don't leave the flow switch jumped to make the cell work.