Thoughts on This Article I Read Today?

There have been a few conversations over the years on TFP regarding crypto.
If you search cypto in the forum search field below the POOL SCHOOL button, you will find them.
Here is one
cdc guidelines for disinfection...

If it does happen to manifest itself though, you can rid the pool of it by raising FC 10ppm above the CYA for 24 hours. (if it were me, I would play that on the safe side and go a few more)

Or, you could also chlorine dioxide at 1-2ppm for 8-10hrs.

In any case though, I believe crypto being present in residential pools is 100s of times rarer than it would be for a commercial pool or water park.
I absolutely refuse, to go to a water park or commercial pool, and have been staunch about it for 20 years. All those people! Yuk!!

Definitely more of an issue in public pools and water parks vs. private residential pools. About the only time I venture into a public pool is at a swim-up bar at a resort. Even then, the one rule I follow is to keep the water no higher than waist-level to avoid accidentally ingesting any water. Though it's mostly all adults in this environment, you just never know.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.