Plumbing Scheme to Insert SWG

rosensama

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 12, 2013
Austin, TX
Hi All,

Took a guess that I should post this here instead of the Pumping Station . . . apologies if I guessed wrong.

I'm loving my clear sparkling water, but getting tired of lugging bleach bottles around back, so I'm considering adding salt and an SWG. But I'm having trouble figuring out where I could insert it after the filter and heater. I'd think the vertical section immediately exiting the heater might be long enough, but too close to the hot water. I've attached some pictures of the current layout and could use your help. My only idea is to eliminate the heater bypass and/or the tablet feeder. I haven't used either since I took over from the pool guys about 2 years ago, but maybe they're the type of thing I'll be happy I have every once in a while?

Thanks for taking a look,
Rob

My vote would be to get rid of the tablet feeder and put it in there. If you go in vacation and need to float some tablets, you can buy two big tablet floaters for pretty cheap and load them up easily with four 3" pucks each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That chlorinator/tablet feeder looks like a prime location for a SWG :) if needed for vacation or something off the wall, you could get a floatie to put pucks in...

Thanks all. Is the heater bypass worth keeping while I'm in there? Pretty new to PVC plumbing, so extra room to work would be welcome.

No matter what I'll need to know how can I find a matching part for the union between the tablet feeder and the Jandy valve. How can I figure that out? There's not room to put on a new piece on the valve side. From what I've seen all unions aren't universally compatible (e.g., different threaded diameters or mating flanges).

Oh, and @Richard320 "San Dimas High School football rules!" Just in case you haven't heard that a million times already.

If you can't find matching threads, just saw the thing off flush. Jandy valves are dual-diameter so you can glue a larger coupler on and then reduce the size back. And strange things are afoot at the circle-k. And yes, there is one in town, right across the street from the post office on one street and city hall on the other.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.