Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie about to buy TF-100..Help please!

1. Back To Top    #1

Newbie about to buy TF-100..Help please!

Hello everyone! I've been reading and reading up on everything on this wonderful website. We are first time pool owners and are very excited about ordering our test kit, which brings me to my question. We set up a 22' round 52" deep AG pool with sand filter and SWG.

I'm looking at ordering the TF-100, do I need to add the Taylor k-1766 salt test and or salt test strips?

TIA
    22' x 52'' AG Intex Ultra frame Pool
    2100 gallon Intex Krystal Clear Sand filter Pump
    Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Newbie about to buy TF-100..Help please!

Hi and welcome to TFP!
    Great job on deciding on the TF100. You wont regret it.

The salt test kit isn't a requirement, but they are nice to have. The K1766 is more accurate and you can do more tests with it than the strips, so is probably a better value than the strips are.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you for the response Dave! Ordering now!

4. Back To Top    #4

Alright, give us some test results when you get it!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

5. Back To Top    #5

I just received my k1766 for my salt pool and it is very easy to use. The milky color change is gross looking but it works great!
    18' x 38' Pool, 3' to 8' Depth
    Vinyl Liner
    SWG
    Variable Speed Pump
    Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks everyone, I will post the results as soon I get them! I have been watching the videos on YouTube as to how to use the kit and looks easy. Hope it really is when I have the test in my hands. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. *excited over here* lol

7. Back To Top    #7

Those videos are great arent they?
    The kit also includes a nice laminated set of step by step instuctions for each test too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

8. Back To Top    #8

In the mean time,
    do have a basic understaning of the ABC's of Pool Chemistry? This explains what each water parameter is, and which chemical is used to adjust it.

And the recommended levels?
    and The FC/CYA chart so you know what your chlorine level should be?
    And how to use pool math to figure out how much of something to add?

If not, git bizzy !!

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html
    Quote Originally Posted by 3lovebugs View Post
    Thanks everyone, I will post the results as soon I get them! I have been watching the videos on YouTube as to how to use the kit and looks easy. Hope it really is when I have the test in my hands. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. *excited over here* lol
    Divin Dave,