Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Completed first SLAM....

1. Back To Top    #1

Completed first SLAM....

....and have gloriously crystal clear water! I love TFP!

Just tested tonight:

pH: 7.8
    CYA: 40
    TA: 110
    FC: 16 (still drifting down)
    CC: 0
    TC: 16
    CH: didn't test, but it's been pretty consistent around 200 all season.

We got a TON of rain over the last few days, and the water level is almost to the top of the skimmer by the pump...it IS to the top of the other skimmer (for another post)..

Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Completed first SLAM....

Congrats! I'll venture to bet our pools look better than many in our area and it is cheap!
    39YO 13K gallon former SWAMP/MONEY PIT, concrete bottom/Fiberglass Walls, Ecotech VS pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Dolphin DX5 Plus, Loop-Loc safety cover and YES, I have a TFT-100 test kit!

Shock Level and Maintain - CL/CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Great post!
    Congrats on a successful slam. Isn't that crystal clear water nice?
    Feels good on a hot day too!

Dont worry about the CH..vinyl pools dont require any CH maintenance. Just make sure it doesnt get crazy high, and you're good.
    I test my CH once a year, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by wjaneala View Post
    ....and have gloriously crystal clear water! I love TFP!

Just tested tonight:

pH: 7.8
    CYA: 40
    TA: 110
    FC: 16 (still drifting down)
    CC: 0
    TC: 16
    CH: didn't test, but it's been pretty consistent around 200 all season.

We got a TON of rain over the last few days, and the water level is almost to the top of the skimmer by the pump...it IS to the top of the other skimmer (for another post)..

Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yes, and after I read this article today, I am NEVER getting in a public pool again. **warning: this article is gross!**
    Crypto in swimming pools: Swimmerst kill.
    Wendy
    1980s 20x40 in-ground beast, 36K gallons, 4' - 8', vinyl liner, Sand Dollar sand filter, two skimmers, bottom drain, three returns
    TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Not reading that!

Congrats on the sparkly pool!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

So it took, what, 10 days? Less?

Have you tried tossing a quarter in the deep end and see if you can call heads or tails from outside the pool?
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

About six days I believe, but I'd have to check my dates to be sure. Yes, and I can!
    Wendy
    TF-100 Test Kit