kreepy krauly thoughts

I've used a Kreepy Krauly for 20 years. Overall I like it, but don't have any experience with other methods for a comparison. If you get a Kreepy, also get the Leaf Cannister that goes between the Kreepy and suction fitting.

Things I don't like about it are:
1. Sometimes it get's stuck on the stairs and I have to pull it off. This happens once every few days.
2. I only run my pool 2 hours a day, so Kreepy may not completely clean the whole surface in 2 hours. When I swim (daily), I disconnect the hose from Kreepy and use it to suck up any missed debris.

Overall, I'm happy with it.

I've used a Kreepy Krauly for 20 years. Overall I like it, but don't have any experience with other methods for a comparison. If you get a Kreepy, also get the Leaf Cannister that goes between the Kreepy and suction fitting.

Things I don't like about it are:
1. Sometimes it get's stuck on the stairs and I have to pull it off. This happens once every few days.
2. I only run my pool 2 hours a day, so Kreepy may not completely clean the whole surface in 2 hours. When I swim (daily), I disconnect the hose from Kreepy and use it to suck up any missed debris.

Overall, I'm happy with it.

Thank you that's what I wanted to know, as for pressure side, I don't have a booster pomp so that's completely out

Another really good thing about Kreepy is that it only has 1 moving part, and I've never replaced that part. I've replaced the flat circular part at the bottom and the flappers just above that, but replacement parts are easy to find online.

If you decide to get one, check out the online prices (e.g. Amazon). Much less money than getting one at a pool store.

I have one also, but we have a cover that goes on the pool that is used when we are not swimming. We will only use the cleaner once every 3-4 weeks and take it out of the pool when not in use. It works good, but the random pattern misses a lot of spots unless you run the cleaner for hours.

My parents used a Kreepy in our pool all through my childhood (of course, back then there weren't too many options for "automatic" pool cleaners...).

I "inherited" my parents' old Kreepy and their "new" Barracuda when I bought my house. I took them both apart and discovered they needed new diaphragms. Ordered up new factory replacements, and the Kreepy just wouldn't run right. The Barracuda did great, except I could never get it adjusted/weighted correctly -- it would either sit flat in the shallow end and be "toe up" in the deep end, or flat in the deep end and "heel up" in the shallow end. The new diaphragm lasted about 2 weeks. The replacement I bought after that lasted maybe a month.

I also always had trouble with the Kreepy and Barracuda sucking air. Replaced the hoses (not a cheap endeavor...) to no avail. The leaf canister was a major contributor, as well -- I just never could get mine to sink and/or seal up like it should.

Maybe those are unique problems of mine (I wasn't quite as "into" pool maintenance, and certainly wasn't a TFP'er at that point)...

Regardless, I switched to a Hayward TigerShark QC last summer and have never regretted it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.