Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Algae in top seam of Intex ultra frame pool but not in water.

1. Back To Top    #1

Algae in top seam of Intex ultra frame pool but not in water.

I recently peeled open the seam where water collects near the top of my intex pool and found that some of the seams were filled with out of control algae. I know for a fact that it isn't in my pool growing as the chlorine levels have been consistent and I did an overnight chlorine test last night and it is losing no chlorine at all. While the seams aren't connected to the pool water directly, water does obviously splash in and out of them, is this a danger to my pool water and if so what can I do? I figured algae is already waiting for my fc to drop so this isn't any different but I want to make sure. I did pick out the gobs of algae and toss them to be on the safe side.
    26' Intex 17k gallon above ground pool. 3000 GPH intex sand filter. Taylor Tech. k-2006 Test kit.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Algae in top seam of Intex ultra frame pool but not in water.

Some one else had concerns like this, have a read through this thread, Intex Ultra Frame liner

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Algae in top seam of Intex ultra frame pool but not in water.

I used to scrub the seams with a toilet brush from Dollar Tree.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).