Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is this on my walls?

1. Back To Top    #1

What is this on my walls?

built 4/08/2000 16 x32 460 Sq FT Pool 16,000 gallons 3.5 ft 5 ft 3.5 ft sport pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is this on my walls?

It looks like calcium to me....I have some of the same. Have you run a full set of tests? Curious what your Calcium Hardness is.
    18,000 gallon freeform inground plaster
    Jandy 1.5 hp pump & .75 hp booster pump
    Aquapure SWG
    Pentair Triton II sand filter
    Legend pressure-side vacuum

3. Back To Top    #3

Does it rub off? Is it slimy feeling or rough feeling? Is this a gunite pool, vinyl or fiberglass? What are your test results? What chemicals are you adding to the pool?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

It's an IG plaster finish pool, with what appears to be calcium scaling. Results may be helpful 4x4, so please post them up as soon as you can, and a little history of results would be very good if you have some.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

5. Back To Top    #5

It's not slimy its hard as a rock..will post numbers when I get them ..its a if gunite pool

built 4/08/2000 16 x32 460 Sq FT Pool 16,000 gallons 3.5 ft 5 ft 3.5 ft sport pool

6. Back To Top    #6

Numbers
    Fac 0
    Tac 0
    Ch 230
    Cya 60
    Ta 100
    Ph 7.4
    Pho 200

7. Back To Top    #7

Man this looks to familiar....

If you run your hand along the wall, does the darker areas feel smooth and the whiter areas feel rough and indented like pitting?

It really looks like my pool a couple months ago before i had it re-surfaced. The 35 year old plaster was stained and pitting. Check out the first few pics here: Startup questions after pebblesheen application
    24,000 Gal, IG PebbleSheen, Born In 1978, refinished 2015.
    Pentair FNS Plus 36 DE, Sta-Rite Dyna-Pro 1HP Single Speed.
    TF-100 kit w/speed-stir, A red version of the tigershark QC robot labeled as dirt devil.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
    Man this looks to familiar....

If you run your hand along the wall, does the darker areas feel smooth and the whiter areas feel rough and indented like pitting?

It really looks like my pool a couple months ago before i had it re-surfaced. The 35 year old plaster was stained and pitting. Check out the first few pics here: Startup questions after pebblesheen application
    Yep exactly like that..I'm sure that's what it means for me..new plaster