Does size really matter?? lol

We are going to upgrade our 16 x 48inch Intel Metal Frame pool to an 18 foot (which is all the room we have) but aren't sure about also going up to 52 inches... it's several hundred dollars (we are going to go Ultra Frame I believe)... and it's heavier and we have to ship outside the US (Turks and Caicos Islands).

Any comments on the pleasure scale adding these 4 extra inches?? is it worth $250 - $300 in price difference?? We frequently have kids in the pool so it might make a difference with the little guys too, we are trying to consider all possible repercussions..

For 300 it is not worth it. I have the 18 ft x 52, but i got it for a steal at toysrus last year for 189 bucks. I would spend the 300 difference to get a nice pump/filter. Thats my 2 cents. Also the extra inches could make it more hazardous for the little ones.

G

Depends on the size of your children. Our 48" pool was great, until..... My son shot up to 5'11". Then the pool barely made it past his waistline. Looked like he was in a kiddie pool. We just upgraded to a 52", but it isn't full yet. If your kids are no where close to puberty, I would go with what your budget is comfortable with. If they are nearly teens, I'd suggested the deeper one.

You might try doing a search, there have been some here who have dished the middle of the intex's a little (4-5"?) to get a little extra depth. I don't remember the specifics, but a search might find them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I agree....I have a 54" pool. And my son is only 6 but he is already wanting a deeper pool. He's 52" right now. He can touch the bottom on his tip toes right now. I cant imagine when he gets to be 16. 54" is perfect for cannon balls and kids jumping in. I think my boy would hit bottom with a 48" pool when he jumps in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.