Sand Filter pump stopped working

BRM71

Jul 5, 2015
Temple, Tx
I have an intex sf20110. When I turned the pump on it just made loud buzz but did nothing. This is the first time I've turned it on since last October. I checked for obstructions but found none. We bought the system a year ago. Any ideas what might be wrong and how to fix it? Thanks!

If you left it outside last winter, it may have seized. Try unplugging it FIRST, then take out screws on base. Lift off cover, spray WD-40 on metal parts. Wait a few minutes. Plug in. Hit start button without touching any metal parts (and not while standing on any wet surface.) If it comes on, turn off, unplug and close everything up and screw everything down and you should be good. I was ready to buy a new pump when my Dad showed me this when I had an AGP.

Have to buy new system. Took mine apart and motor is totally seized up. I can buy the motor for $95 or the whole thing for $130. It's not worth $35 to me to mess with trying to install a new motor on it instead of just plugging in a who,e new working system. Live and learn - $130 is not too bad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.