Intex Ultra Frame vs Intex Metal Frame

Last year we had the blue 15 foot and this year i put in the 18 ft ultra. The ultra is better is several ways. 1. the liner is thicker seems almost twice as thick. 2. the frame steel is heavier duty. 3. The frame is almost oval instead of round adding strength. 4. the feet for the legs are much bigger. 4. IT is not BLUE

G

I left my last ultra frame up for three years without taking it down. It went through three really cold, long, long, frozen winters in Pennsylvania (last winter it went to MINUS 17), and when I took it down, it looked nearly new. The uprights seem a lot stronger than the ones on the regular blue pool.

We put in the ultraframe pool a couple of months ago and see rust already at the welded frame joints :( So much for the "Ultra" part. Yes we have a saltwater pool.

The structural shape of the pool is much stronger/rigid than the standard round tubulars of the blue pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.