Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Ultra Frame vs Intex Metal Frame

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Ultra Frame vs Intex Metal Frame

Any comments as to the durability of these two frame sets and also if there was any difference in the quality of the liner? Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Ultra Frame vs Intex Metal Frame

Last year we had the blue 15 foot and this year i put in the 18 ft ultra. The ultra is better is several ways. 1. the liner is thicker seems almost twice as thick. 2. the frame steel is heavier duty. 3. The frame is almost oval instead of round adding strength. 4. the feet for the legs are much bigger. 4. IT is not BLUE

G

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you. Down here we are cursed with the salt air and the constant heat and humidity so the heavy duty steel is encouraging, and the liner is really important since our current one has a tiny billion holes in it! You have sold me on the Ultra, thanks!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I left my last ultra frame up for three years without taking it down. It went through three really cold, long, long, frozen winters in Pennsylvania (last winter it went to MINUS 17), and when I took it down, it looked nearly new. The uprights seem a lot stronger than the ones on the regular blue pool.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

5. Back To Top    #5

We put in the ultraframe pool a couple of months ago and see rust already at the welded frame joints So much for the "Ultra" part. Yes we have a saltwater pool.

The structural shape of the pool is much stronger/rigid than the standard round tubulars of the blue pool.
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

6. Back To Top    #6

I really prefer my Ultra over the blue version, much better quality.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thank you, that was very helpful!

8. Back To Top    #8

Here you can see the durability of the Ultra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYq6MgSgnFQ