Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Tiny air bubbles

1. Back To Top    #1

Tiny air bubbles

Good afternoon I have a 21 foot pool above ground that we replace the liner in this year and ever since I replaced the liner and hooked everything up I now have all these tiny little air bubbles throughout my entire pool along the sides all on the bottom I'm wondering if its due to the fact that I have no flow control on the return valve as of right now its just blowing into the center of the pool we're not going in a circle around the pool so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that any help would be appreciated thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tiny air bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Kdirect2014 View Post
    Good afternoon I have a 21 foot pool above ground that we replace the liner in this year and ever since I replaced the liner and hooked everything up I now have all these tiny little air bubbles throughout my entire pool along the sides all on the bottom I'm wondering if its due to the fact that I have no flow control on the return valve as of right now its just blowing into the center of the pool we're not going in a circle around the pool so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that any help would be appreciated thanks

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk
    This is what the bubbles look like all over the pool.

3. Back To Top    #3

Do you have a SWG?
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

4. Back To Top    #4

What is a swg??

5. Back To Top    #5

SWG is a Salt Water Generator. We like to know the equipment in your pool and how it is configured since that may help answer some questions.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

I asked if you have a SWG because mine after a few hours working, most of the walls in my pool are full of little bubbles. Its normal
    8,400 gal Intex, 3K GPH pump, 16" sand filter, SWG CG-28669, TF100 test kit, speed stir, K-1766 Taylor salt test.

The corner stone of TFP
    Pool School - Chlorine / CYA Chart

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    SWG is a Salt Water Generator. We like to know the equipment in your pool and how it is configured since that may help answer some questions.
    I have a Hayward sand filter and a Hayward pump and a lomart skimmer.

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

You might have a suction leak. Is the water level in the skimmer to low? Also do you see the water vortex inside the skimmer. If so it could be drawing air in at the point. When you shut off the pump is there water leaking anywhere? If water is leaking on the suction side that will be the source of the air when it is running.
    Hayward Pool Tech
    80+ Years of Technologically Advanced Pool Product Manufacturing
    poolside@haywardnet.com

9. Back To Top    #9

Okay will check. Thanks.