Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy RS-PS4 Wiring

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy RS-PS4 Wiring

I am trying to install a regular 120v outlet and be able to turn it on/off remotely. I was hoping that this was as simple as wiring the outlet to Aux 3 for example, but, when I activate Aux 3 there is no electricity on the relay connectors. Any hint?
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy RS-PS4 Wiring

One side of the Aux 3 relay contact must be fed from a 120v circuit.

26700 gal, vinyl, SWG, Hayward Goldline controls, T-15 Cell, 20gpm/ft2 sand filter, 1 hp pump
    26700 gal, vinyl, SWG, Hayward Goldline controls, T-15 Cell, 20gpm/ft2 sand filter, 1 hp pump

3. Back To Top    #3

It make sense, thanks Knjakeman for the hint. The relay has two line terminals (input voltage) and two load terminals (equipment or outlet). Now I have to figure it out, where to get the 120v inside the panel.
    12K gallons, IG, Durazzo, Pentair cartridge filter, Jandy ePump JEP2.0 VSP , Pool started March 2, 2015, South FL

4. Back To Top    #4

That should come from a circuit breaker to the input. Do you have any spare circuit breakers ?

Knj

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the space, but not the circuit breaker. I was just getting the info to go and buy one.

6. Back To Top    #6

Cool, I think you got this by the horns !!

Knj