Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Oxidizer after AA treatment

1. Back To Top    #1

Burlington, ON, Canada

Oxidizer after AA treatment

I know if you bring the chlorine level up too quickly after and AA treatment for metal stains, the stains can come back. Will the same thing happen with an oxidizer (so called non-chlorine shock).

16x28 Roman, 55000 litres, salt water, Zodiac Duoclear 130 (mineral cartridge removed!!!), inground, vinyl liner
    Hayward Tri-star 1HP (1.85) pump, Hayward sand filter
    Nine Fafco Sunsaver 4x10 solar panels, Jandy LX 250 natural gas heater
    Jandy Aqualink PDA with Sub Panel Power Centre

2. Back To Top    #2

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Oxidizer after AA treatment

No, because the non-chlorine shock won't be raising the pH and probably won't oxidize the metal sequestrant though I'm not sure on that (depends on the specific metal sequestrant).

The main issues with chlorine are that increasing the FC level increases the pH and chlorine oxidizes the metal sequestrant releasing the metal back into the water.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"