Filter PVC Pipe Disconnect

Jul 5, 2015
Oceandside
Hi All,

Pool noob here. First time post. Recently purchased a house with an in-ground pool and have been slowly getting up to speed. Pool has been great thus far but I woke up this morning to find the water levels lower by quite a few inches. I looked by the filter (Hayward, not sure of the exact model) and found that one of the PVC pipes is disconnected (see photos). Thoughts on how to reattach the pipe and fix the issue? Also, once attached, what needs to be done to make sure the filter is secure and working properly (that there are no air bubbles or debris which would impact performance and/or harm the filter)? Thanks in advance for all suggestions and guidance.

D

Attachments

• IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 45
First off, that is a pump, specifically a Hayward Superpump, and not a filter. The filter is what the pump connects to.

Second, it is hard to tell but is there still a piece of pipe still in the pump or did the pipe pull out of the pump?

As long as the thread in the pump is in good condition and not cracked, it should be an easy fix.

Have you ever worked with PVC plumbing?

Then you might want to hire someone to fix it. As I said before, as long as the pump housing is not cracked, then you should be able to fix it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.