New deck walkway extension

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would have made it higher than the pool rail. Then lay some plastic across the walkway and make a slip-n-slide. :bounce:

lol That sounds like so much fun til someone gets hurt! :mrgreen:

Your walkway looks great!

No, we take it down every fall due to our winters being -35. Those here with steel walled pools leave them up, but I have not been brave enough to leave the Ultra up. Seems every one we see that was left up here had damage come spring, ripped liners, etc.
Once its drained, only takes me less than 2 hours to dry it, and pack it all away, so its not too bad of an ordeal. Just more of a pain in the rear than anything come spring putting it all back up.

Last edited:
Nice work and creative way of getting access to the pool with having to build a completely new decking. You tied it in very nicely. I agree with Richard .... lay some plastic down and put a ramp at the end. Just not so high that anyone can over-shoot. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.