Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New deck walkway extension

1. Back To Top    #1

New deck walkway extension

Finally got around to building that new walkway extending the deck to the pool. Now no one has to walk across the grass to get into the pool, and that mean no more more grass in the pool either.

Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New deck walkway extension

Now that is a nice upgrade!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Nice work! SO who was the first one to run off of the ramp and jump into the pool?????? LOL

Look at that clear water! Good job!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

that looks great. I extended my deck also. Got tired of the kids and their friends dragging in dirt/mud.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that a solar water heater in your photos?
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

5. Back To Top    #5

[QUOTE=

Is that a solar water heater in your photos?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have a total of 8' x 20' in panels.

- - - Updated - - -

No one yet, they have all been warned not to.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Nice work! SO who was the first one to run off of the ramp and jump into the pool?????? LOL

Look at that clear water! Good job!

Kim
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

6. Back To Top    #6

LOL I sure hope they "follow the rules" as them jumping into the side of the pool could cause a lot of damage!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Yup, but no no worse than jumping off the old ladder, which was not allowed either. Just have to keep an eye on everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    LOL I sure hope they "follow the rules" as them jumping into the side of the pool could cause a lot of damage!

Kim

8. Back To Top    #8

if I had a heater like that herre in Tx, we would be boiling the water
    Intex 18ft dia. Ultraframe, 6500 gal. above ground Intex pool with Hayward C550 cartridge type filter and Intex Krystal Clear Ozone and saltwater system model ZS8110, Taylor K-2006 test Kit, Pool filter supplemented with Duda Diesel 1 micron filter bag
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

9. Back To Top    #9

Just keeps mine at around 82 right now with all the cloud and smoke in the sky from forest fires few hundred miles to the west of us. We have not seen the sun for almost 2 weeks now.

10. Back To Top    #10

No Sun, that's bad. Hope it clears up for you soon. It's just hotter than blazes and between 75 and 95% humidity here in Houston.
    Located in Cypress, Tx.

11. Back To Top    #11

I would have made it higher than the pool rail. Then lay some plastic across the walkway and make a slip-n-slide.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320 View Post
    I would have made it higher than the pool rail. Then lay some plastic across the walkway and make a slip-n-slide.
    lol That sounds like so much fun til someone gets hurt!

Your walkway looks great!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

13. Back To Top    #13

Thanks for the compliments, pool season is so shot here, trying to make the best of it.

14. Back To Top    #14

Looks great! Do you leave your pool up year round? I want to build a small deck of some sorts but I am planning on taking my pool down at the end of the season. Looks like that would be easy to work around if you take it down.

15. Back To Top    #15

No, we take it down every fall due to our winters being -35. Those here with steel walled pools leave them up, but I have not been brave enough to leave the Ultra up. Seems every one we see that was left up here had damage come spring, ripped liners, etc.
    Once its drained, only takes me less than 2 hours to dry it, and pack it all away, so its not too bad of an ordeal. Just more of a pain in the rear than anything come spring putting it all back up.
    Last edited by DarrelB; 07-07-2015 at 08:19 AM. Reason: typos

16. Back To Top    #16

Nice work and creative way of getting access to the pool with having to build a completely new decking. You tied it in very nicely. I agree with Richard .... lay some plastic down and put a ramp at the end. Just not so high that anyone can over-shoot.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!