Evaluate my logic please.

Sep 23, 2010
SC Lowcountry
Installed the pool Aug. 2010, and it has literally been trouble free. I installed "The Circulator" in the return near the steps in an attempt to keep all the little debris from accumulating in that dead spot. It worked as advertised, but now I have developed an obvious leak. Overnight the pool will lose over an inch of water. I see no bubbles in the pump glass, or wet spots around the equipment or pavers. I closed the ball valve to the supply side, stuck carrots in the return eyeballs (3), and filled the pool to it's normal level. There was no water loss overnight. I'm thinking the leak is obviously in the return side, but I don't know how to determine where it is since the 3 returns are all supplied by the same 2" pipe. I have a leak detection outfit coming out this Friday to take a look. I'm thinking the Circulator is the culprit, since I've had no issues until a week after it was installed. Any ideas/comments? Thanks

take the 1 carrot out of where "The Circulator" was, does it go down? process of elimination :)

BTW, love the carrot idea

Well, as adding the Circulator is the only change you have made, remove it and go back to a standard return to see if the leak goes away. Reviews on Amazon talk about this product causing splashout when it is pointing straight up.

I purchased the deflector with the Circulator, so there was no splash out. I removed it and installed the standard return when I noticed the water loss. Removing the Circulator made no difference in the water loss. Nickmpower is correct that since all 3 returns are supplied by the same pipe, removing any of the carrots would still result in a leak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.