Landscaping Bricks Around Pool Are Loose

Jul 4, 2015
Birmingham, AL
Anyone else having trouble with their landscaping pool bricks coming loose each year? Every year, there are about 5 of these that come loose and I put down landscaping adhesive and research the ones that are best, but it still happens with different bricks each year. One suggestion was that the adhesive needed some kind of sealant since it was so close to the pool water. Any help would be great. Thanks

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pool Bricks.jpg
    Pool Bricks.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 80
There is a hard surface underneath that is a hard plastic or polymer that the bricks make contact with. All of those adhesives are the ones that I've tried, but I have the same issue with random ones coming loose again when I open the pool each year.

The polymer they are glued to is the top of the pool side wall. When they pop up is the old adhesive stuck to the plastic or the paver? Plastic is not the ideal material to glue pavers too. You may be stuck with finding the best exterior adhesive you can that hopefully says it adheres to both plastic and concrete. Using it you might just have to resign yourself to resetting a few every year.

There is adhesive on both but mostly is the plastic. If adhering it to that is the problem, maybe putting more adhesive on the sides of the brick would work better? You're probably right, this is just something that I've gotta deal with. I've read other posts about people dealing with this with no solution found (don't remember where though), so you'd think it'd be a more common problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.