Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New to the forum

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the forum

Wanted to introduce myself. Have viewed the forum from afar and decided to jump in. 5th year with pool. 1st year using liquid Chlorine.
    33K Gal Plaster Kidney bean shaped Pool, 2 HP Pentair Superflo, Hayward 244S Sand Filter. Pool built in 1984.
    Taylor K2006 Testing
    Marietta, GA

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the forum

Welcome to TFP!

Pool...check
    Taylor 2006...check
    Bleach...check
    Found TFP...check
    Posted a full set of results...
    39YO 13K gallon former SWAMP/MONEY PIT, concrete bottom/Fiberglass Walls, Ecotech VS pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Dolphin DX5 Plus, Loop-Loc safety cover and YES, I have a TFT-100 test kit!

Shock Level and Maintain - CL/CYA Chart

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP! 2015 is going to be a good year!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

welcome
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

First Test
    FC - 6.5
    CC - 0.5
    PH - 7.4
    TA - 100
    CYA - 55
    CH - 320

At the end of a SLAM. Pool has just a bit of haze in the deep end. But clearing rapidly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Atwork; 07-05-2015 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Added Photo
    33K Gal Plaster Kidney bean shaped Pool, 2 HP Pentair Superflo, Hayward 244S Sand Filter. Pool built in 1984.
    Taylor K2006 Testing
    Marietta, GA

6. Back To Top    #6

Those are some rock-sold numbers for sure! Now just make sure that GA sun doesn't gobble-up your FC and you'll be fine. Nice to have you "jump-in" with us. CANNONBALL!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Those are some rock-sold numbers for sure! Now just make sure that GA sun doesn't gobble-up your FC and you'll be fine. Nice to have you "jump-in" with us. CANNONBALL!
    What is funny is i had my pooled "tested" by the local Leslie's Yesterday AM. Told me my CYA was 99 and good. Asked me if i wanted to be entered in the Algea free garauntee and i declinded. the only test portion they did get correct was the CL.

Glad to start testing on my own. Also, i did test the water 3 times in the same location to confirm my test results. Had flashbacks to Chem Lab 2 and Organic Chem.
    Taylor K2006 Testing
    Marietta, GA