History of Troublefreepool.com

SeanB

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
The title of this topic was originally "Welcome to TroubleFreePool.com". JasonLion

Well, the name kind of says it all. The goal here is to allow users to share information, experience and hopefully some expertise in all things having to do with pool and spa care.

I started this site after being a member at another popular Pool Forum. The site was great, very informative and entertaining. For unknown reasons, the admin went MIA. The board is unsupported and its future is uncertain at best. I really hate the thought of such a great resource disappearing and hope that many of the members will find a new home here and continue to share their wisdom with the rest of us.

I have no training or professional experience of any kind relating to pool care. I'm simply a pool owner, who likes to learn and talk about pools. I'm also new to forum administration, but I promise to do my best adding to the site and making it as user friendly as possible. Please bear with me as this is definitely going to be a learning experience!

However, for as long as you members come and join in, I promise to maintain this site and keep it running.

Thanks,
SeanB

**EDIT** : When you register, you will be required to verify via e-mail. For a lot of people, this e-mail is filtered by their e-mail client as spam or junk mail. If you do not receive the e-mail, PLEASE check your spam or junk mail folder before contacting us. Thanks.

I hear you about the other pool forum .. no pun intended.
It was a great source of info.. but I can't even register!!

Hope this site gets some members and turns into another active place to discuss pools and the like.

Thanks, and good luck.

Good luck with the new site. I for one am thankful you started it. I bought a house with a pool last september and wanted to ask a few questions at the other site but was unable to register.

Thanks again and good luck!

Just wanted to let you guys that I'm still around. :D

I also have significant experience in running/admining a phpBB forum, so if you need any help, have any questions on setup, feel free to drop me a line.

Heck, I may even resurect good ol' BleachCalc!

Michael

mwsmith2 said:
Just wanted to let you guys that I'm still around. :D

I also have significant experience in running/admining a phpBB forum, so if you need any help, have any questions on setup, feel free to drop me a line.

Heck, I may even resurect good ol' BleachCalc!

Michael

Really glad to see you here.

Be careful, I may just take you up on the offer for assistance. So far, it's not been to hard to set up (knock on wood) but I'm sure I'm going to run into some obstacles and will be glad for the help.

Let me know if you post BleachCalc and I'll make it a sticky, or give it a new forum.

Sean. You have been sooooo helpfull to me with my new pool and my Pool Pilot (love it). You have also assembled some of the most helpful moderators who have helped me really understand pool water chemistry allowing me to have a sparkling clear pool. I'm sure others will recieve the same benefit.

Donnie

DONNIE said:
Sean. You have been sooooo helpfull to me with my new pool and my Pool Pilot (love it). You have also assembled some of the most helpful moderators who have helped me really understand pool water chemistry allowing me to have a sparkling clear pool. I'm sure others will recieve the same benefit.

Donnie

As much as I would like to lay claim to the compliment, you are thinking of "PoolSean," which is not me. However, I have sent him an invitation and hope he will join us. You are right, he really knows his stuff and has helped tons of people, including myself.

SeanB

Thanks for starting this forum. I've been lurking over at poolforum since last summer, but I've never been able to register. Of all the forums that I've been able to find, I think poolforum had the most knowledgeable posters. I hope that those posters will find the time to post here as well.

Thanks for making the effort to set up this new forum, It looks great :eek: . As a long time member of the Poolforum, I too have nothing to do with the pool business but enjoy discussing pool related techniques and have learned so much from Ben and all the members at poolforum. I wish you the best of luck.

David D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DavidD said:
Thanks for making the effort to set up this new forum, It looks great :eek: . As a long time member of the Poolforum, I too have nothing to do with the pool business but enjoy discussing pool related techniques and have learned so much from Ben and all the members at poolforum. I wish you the best of luck.

David D

Thanks and welcome to the forum! I'm enjoying this whole process of getting the forum going, even though it would never have ocurred to me had things not been getting weird over at PF. Ben did a remarkable job there. I know it has to be frustraiting for new members to come and read all the great info and then not be able to register to post and say hi, ask a question, or show off their pool. I'm glad to provide a place where they can at least do that.

Nice looking site.

As a long time member of poolforum I feel pretty bad about the situation over there but at least we have a place or 2 to go now.

Would be great if we could somehow get all that info from poolforum over here, but I am not sure that it is possible.

Thanks for going to the trouble of setting this site up :)

hzz said:
Nice looking site.

As a long time member of poolforum I feel pretty bad about the situation over there but at least we have a place or 2 to go now.

Would be great if we could somehow get all that info from poolforum over here, but I am not sure that it is possible.

Thanks for going to the trouble of setting this site up :)

First of all, welcome to the site and thanks for the compliments!

I also wish this site had all the same great content. I've thought about ways to enhance this site. It wouldn't really be that difficult to just cut and paste info, and I don't really think there is anything illegal about that so long as it is in the public domain and not copy written. However, thats just not something I would be comfortable with. (I know that's not what you mean either).

On the other hand, I have asked and would encourage, any of the original posters of some of those great posts to feel free to share the same information here. If you wrote it, you can share it however you like. And thank you so much to those of you who have already done so.

Also, given time, we'll develop our own great content here as well. I think it's going to be an exciting process.

On that topic, I think the best thing any of us can do to develop this site, is to POST. There are LOTS of guests each day and many people who have registered and never posted. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that you have all taken the time to come visit, REALLY THRILLED, but that alone will not develop content.

I make what posts I can, but frankly I'm not that smart and I run out of things to say. :oops: So if you have a question or an answer, PLEASE take a few seconds and make a post. I think we'll all be surprised how quickly this site will develop into something more.
[/soapbox] 8)

Thanks

Sean,

Thanks for taking the time to start this thing up!!
I appreciate everything we all learned from each other on Ben's site, but I too am ready for an active forum. Good to see everyone here.

on a personal note; should be putting the liner in Monday and starting the fill. Yeeha!! 8)

Re: Thanks

induce said:
Sean,

Thanks for taking the time to start this thing up!!
I appreciate everything we all learned from each other on Ben's site, but I too am ready for an active forum. Good to see everyone here.

on a personal note; should be putting the liner in Monday and starting the fill. Yeeha!! 8)

Thanks. It's been a lot of fun.

Don't forget to check your water meter before you start filling so you'll have an accurate volume figure. And don't forget to post some pictures!

Hi! I'm new here. I have been reading over at poolforum for the last few weeks and was so disappointed that I couldn't register. There is so much great info over there.

I'm so thankful that you have created this site and I hope all the wonderful posters at poolforum do join in. What a wealth of knowledge.

A little about me and my pool. I bought a home 6 1/2 years ago in Phoenix that was 20 years old and has an IG pool of I'm guessing the same age.

I immediately had to replace a cracked/patched sand filter. I replaced it with a DE filter. Now, 6 1/2 years later, the DE filter went out and I went back to a sand filter but am using ZeoBest instead of sand. So far it is working remarkably well. Anyway, when the repairmen suggested replacing the DE filter with a sand filter and ZeoBest instead of sand, I thought, oh no! I loved the clarity of the DE. So, I did a lot of research and one of the places I found in my searches was the poolforum. Even though I think the jury is still out as far as members thoughts on the Zeo-whatever products - the rest of my research made me decide to try it out - the clear explanations of water chemistry (hallelujah, I finally think I've got it!!) at the forum and so much other great info on products kept me coming back to read more.

So thanks again for creating this forum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.